Benefits of Eating Kale:
– One of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet
– Filled with powerful antioxidants which have cardio protective, blood pressure lowering, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, anti-viral, and anti-cancer effects
– Very high in protein
– Great source of vitamin C
– Helps lower cholesterol and can reduce risk of heart disease
– One of the best sources of vitamin K which helps prevent blood clotting
– Helps fight various forms of cancer
– Filled with nutrients to protect the eyes
– Helps with weight loss
How to Cook/Eat Kale:
Kale is another green and leafy food like spinach. There are several ways to cook kale which include boiling, sauteing, simmering, and even baking. Take a look below to find a few good recipes using kale.
– Kale (whatever amount desired)
– Olive oil
– TINY amount of salt
– Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and add kale onto the sheet
– Brush kale leaves with olive oil
– Sprinkle a SMALL amount of salt over the kale
– Bake in oven at 300 degrees F for 20-25 minutes
Now you have chips that actually provide nutritional value. Happy snacking!
– 1 bag of kale salad mix (You can find this in any major grocer)
– Simply dump the mix in a bowl and toss with the dressing
This is super quick to make and they come in a few different and delicious flavors!
Share with us and other truckers how you have or plan to use kale by using #NoWKale & join our Facebook group: Healthy Trucking