- About Us
- AAOO VS OOIDA
- Get Healthy!
- Job Board
Benefits of Eating Kale:
- One of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet
- Filled with powerful antioxidants which have cardio protective, blood pressure lowering, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, anti-viral, and anti-cancer effects
- Very high in protein
- Great source of vitamin C
- Helps lower cholesterol and can reduce risk of heart disease
- One of the best sources of vitamin K which helps prevent blood clotting
- Helps fight various forms of cancer
- Filled with nutrients to protect the eyes
- Helps with weight loss
How to Cook/Eat Kale:
Kale is another green and leafy food like spinach. There are several ways to cook kale which include boiling, sauteing, simmering, and even baking. Take a look below to find a few good recipes using kale.
- Kale (whatever amount desired)
- Olive oil
- TINY amount of salt
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and add kale onto the sheet
- Brush kale leaves with olive oil
- Sprinkle a SMALL amount of salt over the kale
- Bake in oven at 300 degrees F for 20-25 minutes
Now you have chips that actually provide nutritional value. Happy snacking!
- 1 bag of kale salad mix (You can find this in any major grocer)
- Simply dump the mix in a bowl and toss with the dressing
This is super quick to make and they come in a few different and delicious flavors!
Share with us and other truckers how you have or plan to use kale by using #NoWKale & join our Facebook group: Healthy Trucking