Benefits of Eating Salmon:
– Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which help lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, etc
– High in protein
– High in B vitamins which are good for brain health and turning food into energy
– Good source of potassium
– High in selenium which is good for bone health, improving thyroid function, and it reduces the risk of cancer
How to Cook/Use Salmon
Salmon is some of the best food you can put in your mouth. Unlike most fish, it does not have a fishy taste but a great rich flavor. Another great thing about salmon is the many different ways it can be prepared like steamed, grilled, sauteed, smoked, or baked.
Tuna Salmon Sandwich
– 1 can of salmon
– Little bit of light mayo
Do what you do when you make tuna except replace the tuna with canned salmon. Mix it with some mayo!
– 2 cans of salmon
– 2 tablespoons of light mayo
– 1 cup chopped celery
– Black pepper for taste
– 1 bag of salad
In a bowl, mix together the mayo, celery, pepper, and salmon. Add the mixture to the salad. Healthy and protein filled lunch or dinner!
Baked Dijon Salmon
– Salmon filets
– 1/4 cup of olive oil
– 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
– 1.5 tablespoons of honey
– 1/4 cup of chia seeds
– 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
– 4 teaspoons of parsley
– In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, and honey. In another bowl, mix together the chia seeds, chopped pecans, and parsley.
– Brush each piece of salmon with the oil, Dijon, and honey mixture.
– Top each filet with the chia seed, pecan, and parsley mixture.
– Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. (Salmon is done when it flakes with a fork)
Share with us and other truckers how you have or plan to use salmon by using #NoWSalmon & join our Facebook group: Healthy Trucking