Benefits of Eating Strawberries:
– Boosts immune system
– Helps maintain normal blood pressure
– Reduces the risk of eye related ailments
– Helps your nervous system
– Helps prevent heart diseases and lowers cholesterol
– Lowers risk of arthritis, gout, and cancer
– Stimulates metabolism and reduces appetite
– Contains more than 100% of our daily intake of vitamin C in one cup
– High in antioxidants
How to Cook/Use Strawberries:
Strawberries are one of the most popular and healthy snacks in the world. What a lot of people call “nature’s candy” because of their sweetness. It’s an added bonus that they are just as healthy as they are sweet. Take a look at some of the recipes below to see how you can use strawberries as a part of your healthy diet.
Strawberry Bagel Breakfast
– 1 whole wheat bagel
– 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
– 1/3 cup of sliced strawberries
Cut your bagel in half. Spread ricotta cheese on both halves of your bagel. Place sliced strawberries on top of both halves of your bagel.
Wow that was easy…and delicious!
– 1 serving of spinach (a handful of two)
– 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
– A few pinches of sliced almonds (not required but adds some more flavor)
– Feta cheese
Put a serving of spinach into a small mixing bowl. Add the sliced strawberries and sliced almonds and mix together. Sprinkle some feta cheese on top.
Yumm! Nothing better than a sweet, healthy salad.
(This is smoothie that I have made and shared in the past. You can see the original recipe in NoW Blueberries. Only difference is we add strawberries to the smoothie.)
– A handful of blueberries
– 1 banana
– 2 cups of skim milk
– 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
– 4-5 strawberries
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend. You may need to add more milk if you like shakes thinner or add yogurt to make it thicker.
Share with us and other truckers how you have or plan to use strawberries by using #NoWStrawberries & join our Facebook group:Healthy Trucking