Benefits of Eating Tuna:
– High in protein, low in calories (the best of both worlds for weight loss)
– Packed with omega-3’s which is good for the heart, helps prevent high blood pressure, and helps the body’s metabolism.
– Good source of selenium which helps improve the body’s immune system
– Helps reduce the risk of breast cancer
– Helps build and maintain red blood cells and increases energy
Did we mention a can of tuna is very affordable?
How to Cook/Eat Tuna:
Probably the most popular way of eating tuna is on a sandwich. Mix no more than a tablespoon of lite mayo with some tuna and throw it on some bread or eat it with some whole wheat crackers.
You can also mix in some sliced boiled eggs, relish, and/or onions.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
– 1 can of tuna
– 1/2 can of chickpeas or another bean
– 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped finely
– 1/4 cup parsley
– 3/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary
– 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 4 cups mixed salad greens
– In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together
No cooking required. Easy to make in your truck.
Share with us and other truckers how you have or plan to use tuna by using #NoWTuna & join our Facebook group: Healthy Trucking